Saturday, August 20, 2011

Back at it...

If I were worried about page views, then I would've been more consistent with this over the last two weeks.  But as it stands, life comes first.

Highlights of the last two weeks...

  • Receiving my visa for travel to Brazil the day before leaving.  Definitely a lesson in faith and patience.
  • Talking to college students in Sao Paolo  
  • Giving free hugs on Av. Paulista two Monday nights ago
  • Good food in Brazil
    • Rice and beans - so simple, yet so very delicious
  • Good friends in Brazil
    • Renato, Chris and Melody and Michael and Rachel Julian, etc
  • Worshipping with Brazilians in Portuguese.  That was super cool.
  • Seeing how a missionary lives and works
  • Seeing my Dad and brother in Minneapolis
Lowlights...
  • Leaving Sao Paolo.  I didn't feel finished.

On a organizational note, I have a few topics that I've wanted to study but haven't had the motivation to do.  These include suffering and marriage/celibacy.  I think that I will also write up thoughts and questions I have/hear as I read through John with my friend, M.  

Questions for the faithful readers...
  1. How have you seen God move in the past two weeks?
  2. What conversations have you had (on faith or otherwise) that have made you think past the initial conversation?
  3. Favorite ice cream?

3 comments:

  1. 1) Everywhere
    2) A conversation with my friend Skye at Glorietta where I got to talk at somebody for the first time in awhile.
    3) Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough

    -This is Pat by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Wednesday night had awesome impromptu worship around a campfire with friends. It was awesome to be in corporate prayer/worship.

    2. Bible study Sunday night.

    3. Cookie Dough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Matt,

    What did you talk about that was worth thinking about?

    3. Superman ice cream.

    ReplyDelete