Sunday, August 12, 2012

Marriage Moving In

I married a terrific and wonderful woman on August 4, 2012.  She's my best friend and my dear love.

Right now, she's making tacos for our first meal in the apartment together.  Yesterday, she worked hard at getting our kitchen all together - we spent 4.5 hours yesterday afternoon setting it up and only got through half our wedding and shower gifts.

I can't wait to see where this married life brings us.  So much goodness so far.

***

The kitchen is done (as far as we can tell) and we've managed to clear out all my old stuff, unpack the new gifts, and pack about a bajillion more items in our small kitchen than I thought possible.  Katie has done good.  Of the kitchen dishes we received, I'm most excited about the tomato shaped cutting board, our slick knife set (already cut myself), the new coffee pot and canisters to hold coffee, the chalk board that has our weekly menu on it, and our new coffee mugs (white Venti sized Starbucks mugs and our Disney Mr. and Mrs. mugs).

The bathroom is mostly done - we changed the shower curtain, threw down some new rugs, and added a shower caddy for her shampooey stuff.  We managed to take everything already in my linen closet (it was basically full) and condense it (aka, actually fold it well) into a third of the space.  Now, we are washing all the towels we got as gifts and will store those as well.

The living room is a mess.  All my old stuff is haphazardly packed in boxes and will get returned to my parents because they gave it all to me.

Moving in.  Katie, my wife, is moving in!



2 comments: