Saturday, September 22, 2012

Attic After School

This morning, my wife left me to go to work.  Usually, I leave her to go to work.  A quick kiss, "I love you and see you tonight," and I'm out the door.  This morning, she tucked a blanket around me, kissed me goodbye, and drove to her job in Wyoming, MI.

Katie runs an after school program designed to give junior high and high school kids something to do between the end of a school day and 5 o'clock.  A lot of these kids are in single parent homes or both parents work, so the time from 2:30 to 5 is often devoid of purpose and an opportunity for mischief.

Enter, Attic After School.

On Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays this school year, between 15 and 30 kids will show up, eat a snack, play games, and hear the Bible.  AAS serves the community by providing a safe place for kids after school and serves the kids by giving them a snack, some fun, some friends, and little bit of the Bread of Life.

Katie is passionate about her kids at AAS.  She serves selflessly and aggressively seeks  that these kids learn about Jesus and make wise choices.

Just writing this this brag post makes me a little excited about her and AAS.  She does good.

Check it all out here:  http://www.atticafterschool.org/   or here:  http://www.facebook.com/AtticAfterSchool



No comments:

Post a Comment