Saturday, July 20, 2013

Isaiah Chapter 12

I've been reading in Isaiah and have been taking notes while reading for the first time ever.  My hope was that note taking would be beneficial discipline and it has.  Except that I haven't been as disciplined as I should be at reading my Bible.  My goal was a chapter a day but admittedly I have struggled to read lately.

I wanted to write down all my notes, but that was tedious especially when I came to my notes on Chapter 12 and decided that I wanted to write more for that Chapter than the others.

Isaiah Chapter 12

Chapter 11 was a look at positive, prophesied future (Heaven?).  Chapter 12 is a psalm and song of praise.  Chapter 13 prophesies future punishment for Israel's sins.   Interesting sandwiching of ideas.

Outline, more or less.

  • Vs 1:  Praise God his forgiveness.  He was angry with me but his anger was turned away.  We will praise God for his comfort.
  • Vs 2:  Praise God for his salvation.  We can fully trust in him.  Yahweh is our strength, not me.  I am untrustworthy but the LORD is worthy of trust for he is my salvation.  I was dead in my sins and an object of wrath but Yahweh saved me.
  • Vs 3:  I will praise God with JOY.  I have/will drink of living water (John 4).
  • Vs 4:  In praise, I will now joyfully evangelize.  Make known among the nations all he has done!
    • Give thanks, call upon his name.
    • Tell all peoples of God's deeds (forgiveness, comfort, salvation, living water)
    • Proclaim that his name is exalted
    • Sing Praises! Emotional response (at least for me) for he has done glorious things.
Great is the Holy one of Israel!!




No comments:

Post a Comment