Saturday, January 21, 2012

It's a goal, not a resolution

The euphoria of a new year has passed.  Thus, it's time to write down a few goals for this year without the stigma of a "will I or won't I follow through" feeling that a typical New Year's Resolution may have.


  1. Read.  Obvious, but reading good books hits me hard so I want to be intentional about it.  I'd like to read at least 24 new books this year.
  2. Go deeper with fewer friends rather than having superficial relationships with a lot of people.  Specifically, I'm thinking about a couple of coworkers.
  3. Make weekly calls to Nate, Pat, Jason, Joey, Jeremiah, David, Dave, or Matt.  I can't call each one each week and some will be called more often than others, but I need to be very intentional with these guys.
  4. Kiss Katie.
  5. Visit Ashley and Steve in Ohio.
  6. Cook dinner for my mom.
  7. Tweet less, write more.  I think in 140 characters when I should be thinking in sentences and paragraphs.  Less one-liners and more questions.
This list is a starting place.  It will change, explicitly and implicitly, as the year unfolds.  

Question:  What is your post-New Year Goal?

6 comments:

  1. #7 sounds like a great plan. I enjoy pondering the questions you ask. Beyond stretching myself spiritually, reading your questions makes me feel like I've met you more than once.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matt, you are a guy I feel like I've met more than just once and definitely would love the opportunity to see again. If not in this life, then in the new Heaven and Earth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Become an EMT and be financially stable to not have to have roommates. Also build a fort of all forts-out of couch cushions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great goals, Caity. You should also set a goal of singing more because you are a talented singer.

      Delete
    2. Awww....thanks Joel!

      Delete
  4. Respect my boyfriend more and attempt to let him lead our relationship (or at least let him think so). Win every argument/competition we have. Convince him to marry me. And, last but certainly not least, buy a cat.

    ReplyDelete